Saturday, May 15, 2010

2010 Upper Deck MLS



Upper Deck is taking the hype from the upcoming World Cup (6/11-7/11) and carrying it over in to the 2010 Upper Deck MLS set scheduled to be released in a few days on May 18th. I am a footy fan, I play soccer, I coach soccer and I support my Seattle Sounders FC and the red devils of Man U but to be honest I have never been a collector of MLS cards though I do have a decent selection of early 20th Century English football cards that I picked up in some trades with an English dealer in the early-90s.

I watched a box break on Beckett’s Blog and while Chris Olds did not take part in the break, they did pull some nice hits. It is weird, but I actually like Tracy Hackler.

Scheduled Release Date: May 18, 2010
Box Configuration: 20 packs per box, 12 cards per pack
SRP: $89.99

Box Break: Four memorabilia and 1 autograph per box.
1 memorabilia card will be a Premium Series Memorabilia Patch Card #/35 or less

From what I have seen in the box break this actually looks like a good set. Upper Deck used their typical action photos, reminiscent of their baseball and football base sets from years past. The set is 200 base cards and an interesting mix of memorabilia and autograph cards.


My Thoughts:
I love soccer and the Beckett box break did produce a relic of Seattle Sounders All-Star Fredy Montero, but I really cannot make a solid decision without seeing more of the set. I really wish I could get my hands on a box or even a couple of packs to get an honest review.


I will say that for $90 you seem to get a good variety of cards and a decent deal for the price for any MLS fan.

Rating: Undecided at this time

No comments:

Post a Comment