Saturday, August 7, 2010

Leaf Is Back

I actually just found out about Leaf coming back as a brand. I realize that it is just Razor going through a re-branding, but I love Leaf. In the 90s I was a fanatic about the Studio releases and I would love to see Studio or Studio Heritage hit the shelves again.


1990 Leaf #245 - Ken Griffey Jr. - Courtesy of CheckOutMyCards.com

Some of my favorite Griffey cards came from early 90s Leaf releases. At a time when everyone was hunting down a 1990 Leaf Frank Thomas card I was searching for a 1990 Leaf Griffey card #245. I have to say one of my all-time favorite Griffey card is my 1993 Studio card #96. The Studio card is the epitome of Griffey, the big smile, the backwards cap. This was a time when the moniker “The Kid” fit him perfectly.

1993 Studio #96 - Ken Griffey Jr. - Courtesy of CheckOutMyCards.com

How excited am I about Leaf coming back? It is almost 3:30 AM and because my scanner wacked out after a thunderstorm I am still up canvassing the Internet to find images of my favorite Leaf Griffey cards. Thankfully there are plenty of copies for me to grab on checkoutmycards.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment