Monday, February 13, 2012

Are The 2011 Topps Value Boxes Really Loaded?

There has been the question that the 2011 Topps Baseball Value Box has been loaded with hot Bowman Chrome hobby packs. Each value box contains 5 Topps Baseball Update packs, 1 hobby Bowman Chrome pack, a Diamond Code card and one of three different Bryce Harper Bowman Chrome cards.

I have heard of some crazy pulls including Blue, Orange and Red refractors, autographs, Hosmer RCs and a hand-full of SPs from the Topps packs.

I have now opened 4 value boxes (3 from two different Walmarts and one from a Target) and while I have not hit some of those amazing “once-in-a-lifetime” hits I can say that I am happy with what I have pulled. First I have pulled three Red Harper cards and a Silver Harper Bowman Chrome card, apparently the Gold version is the hardest version to pull. I actually prefer the look of the Red version because the coloring works better with the Nationals team colors.


Some of the pulls from the Topps Update packs include 4 Kimball Champions (Hank Aaron, 2x Jose Reyes and a Cliff Lee), 3 Topps 60 (George Sisler, Bert Blyleven and Kyle Drabek), 5 Diamond parallel, 5 Cognac parallels, 2 Gold parallels and a CC Sabathia Topps Town.

The Bowman Chrome pulls include a double shot of Manny Machado Chrome Throwback and a Matt Dominguez Chrome Futures Die-Cut.
For me, the highlight of the 4 boxes is this guy, a 2011 Topps Update Roy Campanella SP Cognac. You really have to dig the stache that Campy is sporting.
I can not say that 4 boxes is really a reasonable sampling but from my side of things it does not seem that the Value boxes are really stacked but at $11 a box I would be willing to continue opening boxes to see if there is any truth to the rumor.

1 comment:

  1. I have heard that the value boxes are hard to find in some cities but they seem to be all over here in the east valley.

    ReplyDelete