Monday, September 9, 2013

An Odd Market


While watching the high powered offense of the Philadelphia Eagles on MNF, I have DeSean Jackson and Bryce Brown on my fantasy football team, I have been checking out eBay during commercials and I came across something that kind of surprised me.
 
Is there really a market for used and expired redemption cards?
 
There are some expired/used redemption cards that have their charm, like the Stadium Club Super Team redemption cards or the Upper Deck Predictor cards had visual appeal but ever since most companies have gone the route of the dummy card with a scratch off sticker there is no longer a pleasing design. I can understand that some collectors want to build the complete set including redemptions but is there anyone out there who will really pay $24.99 for a claimed 2012 Yasiel Puig Leaf Valiant redemption card? 

1 comment:

  1. I have one (expired) redemption card on my Top 10 Want List. It's the 1996 SkyBox Premium "Brett Favre MVP" #3B Exchange Card. It books for 40¢ or something, but I've never seen it. Just another white whale I hope to catch sooner than later.

    As for the $24.99 Puig... I wouldn't want it for $2.49. Heck... I probably wouldn't buy it for 24¢. Now... I might grab it for 2¢. But I'd probably offer the guy a penny first and see if he'd take it.

    ReplyDelete