Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Nirvana Is Heading To Cleveland


Today Nirvana was selected as one of six inductees in to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the others inducted; KISS, Hall and Oates, Peter Gabriel, Linda Ronstadt and Cat Stevens.
 
A lot of people can identify with specific music during a certain period in their life and with me Nirvana was my late teens-early 20s angst youth stage. By the time Bleach was released (1989) I was heading in to my Senior year of high school and most of my friends were listening to U2, REM, Beastie Boys or LL Cool J, I preferred the alternative music of Nirvana.
 
When Kurt Cobain and Krist Novoselic got together in 1987, out of high school, they started a band that would define a generation. Using the 1987 Fleer Baseball design seemed like the perfect way to honor the group.
 
Oddly enough, Kurt Cobain was so against “selling out” that I believe that if he were still alive today he probably would rather not get inducted in to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.



No comments:

Post a Comment