Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Art Gallery: 2012 Topps Wacky Package Old School 4 Sweating Bullets


This month’s Art Gallery display comes from the 2012 Topps Wacky Packages Old School 4 release. The artist is Mark Pingitore, a freelance animator who has worked with Topps on the Garbage Pail Kids and Wacky Packages lines. He is also a fellow Art Institute alumni so I gotta support the guy there too.
 
Because Mark works almost exclusively with GPK and WP his illustrations has that goofy humor. This card is entitled “Sweating Bullets”, sadly even though the card is considered a one of a kind there are other Pingatore WP sketch cards that are almost exactly the same with slight differences, like one has the same image but sweating three bullets.
 
This was another opportunity purchase, I was looking for Wacky Package Autographs and came across this sketch card for just a few dollars, I believe $2.99, so I tossed in a bid and won. I picked up this card last year, and I like it but with my current goal of controlled discretionary spending I would not have picked it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment