Friday, September 19, 2014

A Major League Debut


One of the cards at the top of my Griffey want list is his 1989 Topps Debut #46 but with his cards normally running in the range of $5-10 (including shipping) I have been a little apprehensive about picking up the card. But just as I have come to accept that I was not going to add the card to my collection just yet the auction gods gifted me with an auction for an entire 1989 Topps Debut box with a .99 cent opening bid. A bid of $1.54 later and I was the proud owner of the entire set, toss in another $3.50 shipping for a total of $5.04 and the box was in my hand, Griffey card and all.
The set contains 150 cards, plus 2 checklists and a Topps Magazine ad, and has quite a variety of players. There are plenty of players who only had a cup of coffee in the Majors, a number of Major League staples and some stars who are possible (or were at one point considered) Hall of Famers but in the end there is only one sure-fire Hall of Famer, Ken Griffey Jr.






1 comment: