Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Trade Completed IV

In January Bo from Baseball Cards Come To Life picked up a deal containing 40,000 cards and after working through the collection he decided he was going to have 25,000 cards to trade. After some emails back and forth Bo set aside a mixture of Mariners, Seahawks, Sonics and Suns for me. This mixture ended up being 393 cards, a whole shipping box packed with beautiful cardboard from the 1980s through the 2000s. It was like a walk back through the past 20 years of my favorite sports teams and I am loving every minute of it.

Since there are over 250 Mariners cards I will start with those today and cover the rest of the cards tomorrow. There are actually so many cards I want to show and I am torn on where to start. OK, I know where to start… Griffey and Buhner, my favorite two Mariners.

What is better than having Griffey and Buhner on the same card? Having two cards with both of them plus Kevin Mitchell.
 

Always nice to add some new Bone cards to my player collection


 
 
I have been going back and forth on starting an Edgar player collection but until now I have left the cards with my Mariners collection but Bo helped me make up my mind when he sent 19 new Edgar cards.


The other Martinez, Tino. He was with the Mariners during the magical 1995 before leaving for the evil empire in New York where he had a much more successful career including 4 World Series Titles.
A nice collection of core player for the Mariners

 
A super group of Mariner’s pitchers with Randy Johnson, Mike Hampton and Jaime Moyer. They all went on to have successful careers elsewhere but consider that between the three they have 63 seasons played, 720 wins, 8703 strikeouts and 2 World Series Titles.



I came across this by accident but what are the chances that both Topps and Upper Deck used the images from the same pitch for Erik Hanson? The Stadium Club image shows the ball just about to be released and the Upper Deck image is just as the ball leaves his hand. Same shadows, same folds on the uniform, same opened top button and same background.

1 comment: