Friday, March 4, 2016

Another Griffey Milestone


I hit another milestone with my Griffey collection when I got unique card #700, I am actually at card #725 following a generous package from Ryan of This Card Is Cool (more on that later), but this card is one that has been a grey whale for me and when I realized I was getting close to card #700 I finally picked it up.

The card is from 2009 Upper Deck Baseball release and celebrates Griffey’s 600th homerun on June 9, 2008 against the Marlins. The bat piece is not from the bat that he used to hit #600 but it is a nice sized chip from a game used bat.

1 comment:

  1. Nice card. I'm glad it's not from "the" bat. Hopefully that's going to the Hall. Or stays in Jr's personal collection. I see his batting helmet from #600 is in Cooperstown. Maybe he does have the bat.

    ReplyDelete