Monday, July 25, 2016

Vinage Card Of The Month: 1934 Martin Brinkmann Cigarettes Manfred von Richthofen


This month’s VCoM comes from the 1934 Martin Brinkmann Cigarettes release. Martin Brinkmann was a major tobacco company out of Germany and during the 1930s in support of a strong nationalism surge they inserted tobacco era sized cards in to their packs. I have seen a variety of cards, all German related, like military, movie actors and daily life cards. The cards are a little smaller than a T206 and beautifully illustrated.

This is my second Manfred von Richthofen vintage card, the other a 1933 National Chicle Skybirds that I highlighted as the VCoM last April. I have been interested in WWI since I was young and the Red Baron has always been one of my primary interests and a number of his cards are included on my all-encompassing Want List.

The card is wonderful condition and would grade nicely, the only real issue would be some staining on the back of the card. I am very lucky to have this card in my vintage collection and at a very reasonable price.

2 comments:

  1. Great card! I consider myself a WWI fanatic even though I know more about WWII. A biography I read on von Richthofen said that he would give out autographed cards to fans...it sounded like trading cards but was not totally clear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's a sweet item. I have a few European cigarette cards but nothing as neat as this one. Great pick up!

    ReplyDelete