Friday, April 14, 2017

Griffey Is Permanently At Home


Yesterday the Mariners unveiled the new statue of Ken Griffey Jr outside of SafeCo Field. The statue is located on the corner of Edgar Martinez Dr. and Dave Niehaus Way, a location that is now being referred to as the Mariners Triangle.

After the unveiling Griffey took his famous “swing” pose next to the statue, which is now my phone’s background. After the ceremony Snoop Dogg showed up, he said that he couldn’t make it to the unveiling but wanted to get his picture with the statue. He actually posted a video of his visit to the statue on his Twitter feed.
I do not know when I will head up to Seattle again but you can be sure that when I do I will be taking my picture with the statue and make sure to include some of my Griffey wallet card.

5 comments:

  1. I thought disinterested owners were supposed to get statues first.

    Sidenote, how long until the M's do something like a statue bobblehead giveaway?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The replica statues are being given away tonight, I plan on picking one up eventually, and he signed 24 of them yesterday so there will be some very lucky people getting a surprise tonight.

      Delete
  2. I was excited to see this celebration of him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On Twitter I mean. Wished I had been there

      Delete