Friday, May 5, 2017

The Art Gallery: 2014 Historia Sketches Of History Buddha



This month’s Art Gallery display comes from the comic artist Lee Bradley, a British illustrator who has worked on comic books like Spider-man, Transformers, TMNT, Star Wars and Mars Attacks and is currently doing some side work for Marvel on their “Avengers: Age of Ultron” card set.

The set is the 2014 Historia Sketches of History, a complete sketch card set that includes sketches of famous people like Mark Twain, King Henry VIII and various Presidents. The company has seemed to have disappeared and their web site is parked (meaning it is paid up but shut down by the company). I wrote this post in 2015, yes some posts have been waiting patiently for a long time for me to post, but the company is definitely gone now and their web site is no where to be found and I can only find one sketch card that sold this year and that was in February.

I love the color and detail that Bradley used creating the Buddha card with the Dharma wheel on his hand, third eye and even the manji on his chest adds to the overall beauty. The seller had post two dozen cards sketch cards from the 2014 Historia Sketches of History set and 23 of them sold. This cost me $5.75 shipped, which was about the middle of the price range of all of the cards that sold.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I wish I had heard of this set when the company was still in business. History is one of my passions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They still show up from time to time and their are some pretty neat sketch cards in the set. I would have loved for this to be an annual set.

      Delete
  2. Sweet sketch card. If you're ever interested in selling it... let me know ;)

    ReplyDelete