Thursday, September 28, 2017

Another Cavalcade Of Griffey Cards XI



I think one of the more unique cards to collect are test proof cards, cards that were printed out prior to the printing of the cards to be packed out to ensure everything is aligned and proper coloring. Most of the cards were destroyed, they were often incomplete so there was no reason to keep them around, but they are actually pretty easy to find.

Given they aren’t like a packed out card so some collectors may not like having them in their collection but I do. I find that having a collection that includes cards with blank backs, missing foil or text or are just cut to an odd size makes me feel like I have something different to offer with my collection.

A couple of recent pickups are from the 1999 Stadium Club Never Compromise insert set. The first card has a blank back and is missing the foil (top) while the second card is significantly oversized, blank back, no foil and with some of the printer’s codes along the bottom (Below).


2 comments:

  1. Cool cards! Test proofs are always welcomed into my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few hampton ones for my pc from finest. Some of favorite cards in that pc

    ReplyDelete