Tuesday, October 3, 2017

A Civil War History Lesson


One of the companies that I like to follow is Cult Stuff out of the U.K. Their sets are usually historical in nature, either based on actual events or famous literature from the past. Some of the sets that they have released include sets built around the Titanic, WWI, Sherlock Holmes and Bram Stocker’s Dracula. It isn’t all history lessons, they recently released a set called Adventures into the Unknown and some older sets are Age of Sorcery and Art of Burlesque so they dabble in the unique too.

In December 2014, I posted about a couple of Civil War uniform cards that I picked up that was part of their 2013 Cult Stuff Civil War Chronicles. There were four uniform pieces in the set plus a bullet redemption, two dark blue and two sky blue. The two I picked up were the more common dark blue wool but I finally came across two of the sky-blue wool relics, which are rarer with the larger pieces being #/60.

Cult Stuff released a Civil War Chronicles Vol. 2 in 2015 where they continued the relics set. The second set includes three uniform relics and documents, six in all. I found a seller selling five of the relic cards, the sixth card is extremely rare and I have seen only one show up as part of a master set.

The Vol. 2 relics include a dark wool relic, a gray liner relic (from inside a soldier’s uniform), a map from the November 1864 London Illustrated News, a piece from the Quartermaster’s invoice from Fort Ward in May 1865 and revenue stamps. The sixth relic is a dual blue wool and gray liner card.

I would like to replace the map relic with one that includes lines from the map as well as picking up one of the bullet cards. I need to look further in to those though to see what kind of bullet is on the card because I would want an unused one, I don’t want a bullet that injured or killed someone in my collection.




2 comments:

  1. I must have missed your previous post. Interesting cards. I like the Art of Burlesque cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are pretty cool. I'm with you... not sure if I want an actual bullet that was dug out of someone sitting in my collection either. Maybe it's just a casing found at Gettysburg or something.

    ReplyDelete