Friday, October 6, 2017

Please, I Need Your Help

I have a card that I know is going to be an extremely difficult hunt so I am reaching out to the collecting community for some help. I am searching for a 2012 Topps Under Armour Trey Griffey autograph card. The cards were included in packs that were handed out to the first 3,000 who attended the 2012 Under Armour All-America Game and I have only seen a sample image (the card above) I have never seen a live copy but going off the other cards in the set I am figuring that there were 250-275 of Trey’s cards packed out.

Trey Griffey played at the University of Arizona so I am looking for this card for my U. of A. collection. He is signed with the Miami Dolphins but he is on their practice squad so this is currently his only card and unless he gets activated to the active roster I don't expect to see any of his cards in the near future. 

I am kind of surprised that Upper Deck didn't try to get Ken Griffey Jr.'s son in to one of their recent college sets. Topps too, Trey was drafted by the Mariners in the 24th Round of the 2016 MLB Amateur Draft and if they could get Manziel as a Padre in the 2014 Bowman Chrome Draft set they could have gotten Trey as a Mariner in a Bowman Draft set.

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could be of help. Never heard or seen this set before in my life... nor did I even realize that Griffey's son plays football. Best of luck on your hunt.

    ReplyDelete